Damask Background

Monday, May 14, 2012

Moms with Cameras

Moms with Cameras

How to take better photos of your children

Oh how time flies.  If I had a nickel every time I heard a mom say that I would be rich.  But it is so true!  My daughter turned a year old just over two weeks ago, and I am amazed at how quickly a year went by.  Oh how time flies! :)  I sat down and looked through the photos that I took during her first year.  I honestly had forgotten how tiny she was.  If I didn't have photos, I wouldn't remember what she looked like when she was a newborn.  


This was one of the first photos I took with my DSLR camera.  Practicing and learning something new every day got me to where I am today. 


A photo from Ella's one year old photo shoot.  I love this little girl to pieces!   <3  
Those few moments of looking through photos helped me realize how much I cherish them.  This is just one reason I love my job.  I get to use my talent to provide families with memories; memories that my be forgotten without photos.  But I realize that there are so many moments in between your portrait sessions.  Those moments are just as important as the ones I capture.  Everyday moments tell a story of a life.  So, I have decided that I want to help moms fall in love with their everyday photos.  

And Now.....Drum Roll Please.......Jenna Beach Photography presents her new class "Moms with Cameras."  This class is geared towards moms, but is open to any female interested in learning how to take better photographs.  I will cover topics such as camera settings, lighting, composition, and simple techniques to achieve better photos in camera.  We'll all relax, enjoy a few hours away from the kiddos, and learn to create photographs we love.  

Other important details:
  • This course is geared towards point and shoot cameras.  I will not be covering information on camera settings for DSLR cameras.  If you have a DSLR you are still welcome to attend, as the information presented will still be of benefit to you.
  • Each "Mom with a Camera" who attends will receive a swag bag with goodies valued over $50.00!
  • A light snack and refreshments will be provided.
  • This course is not for photographers, hobbyists, amateur, or professional (with or without a photography business), or anyone planning to start a photography business within the next 2 years.  Each attendee must sign a contract stating they have no intent to charge for photography services in the next 2 years.
  • The class will be held at my studio.  I will email all registered participants more details once registration closes.

Mark Your Calendar:  Saturday, June 30  9:00am-Noon

Seats are limited, so register quickly to reserve your seat!

Cost: $35.00 (plus tax)

Registration Closed